We love putting a healthy spin on a classic, and that's why we are so excited to share with you this Organic Potato Burger Bowl! It's a loaded potato, but burger-style! This one is made with the Organic Russet Potato from Earth Fresh Foods.
What makes this delish burger bowl is the delicious special potato, grown under the care of Earth Fresh Foods in its own "yellow soil." This soil is unique to these farms, out of Canada, and makes them especially delicious. Just take a look at the beautiful Earth Fresh Foods farm below.
And they're healthy! It's true! Potatoes have more than half of your daily vitamin C requirements, more potassium than a banana, and more! We suggest preparing them in ways such as baking, mashing, boiling, or roasting. Oh, and 20% of the nutrition is in the skin – so be sure you leave the skin on those potatoes!
Not only does Earth Fresh Foods make sure that their potatoes are well taken care of while in the ground, they are also involved in all processes once those potatoes leave the farm. Have you ever brought a bag of potatoes home from the grocery store and come to find out they've turned green? YUCK! That's because the longer potatoes are exposed to light, the faster they spoil! Earth Fresh Foods' packaging uses Light Blocking Technology. So, your potatoes stay fresh longer, and stay protected from the elements that cause them to spoil faster.
See how we made the Organic Potato Burger Bowl:
- 4 Earth Fresh Organic Russet Potato
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste – we used 1/2 tbsp each
- 1/4 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 tbsp Pickle Relish
- 1/4 cup Chopped Tomato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke washed potatoes many times with a fork. Bake for 45-65 minutes (depending on size of potatoes) - just until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft in the center.
- While Potatoes bake, add to a hot pan ground turkey, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Cook until well done and remove from heat.
- Remove potatoes from oven place each baked potato in a bowl.
- Split open each potato, spread with butter and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Turkey Burger Crumbles
- Shredded Lettuce
- Pickle / Relish
- Shredded Cheese