"No matter how you look at it, organic is an investment in yourself and your local economy. That money recirculates back into local economy 7 times, versus only twice when you spend on conventional products."
HOMETOWN: Austin, TX
FARM NAME & LOCATION: Coyote Creek Farm in Elgin, TX
FARM TYPE / CROPS: Organic, pasture-raised eggs, organic feed for livestock
- Music:Â Iâm pretty open-minded when it comes to music and the arts. I prefer singer-songwriters, people that write their own music. I think thatâs important. So, I donât focus on poppy, mainstream music. My music preference has been anything from Waylon Jennings to Wilco.
- Food: The food that I eat most are eggs. Iâm surprised I havenât gotten tired of it! Honestly, nothing can beat a good olâ fashioned ribeye and mashed potatoes.
- Drinks: My favorite beverage is a good IPA. I donât think thereâs anything better than that.
- Blue Jeans:Â Honestly, I donât know. I wear blue jeans all the time. For work, Wranglers. No doubt about it. Iâve got pairs of Wranglers that have lasted me ten years. For dress, the most comfortable is a Gap style â I donât know the name of it. Theyâre more comfortable, but I tried to wear them at work and they lasted two days. Strictly dress!
- Thing to do AFTER work: I like to garden and I like to brew my own beer.
- Movie Stars: Michael Shannon. He's an oddball that I kind of like. He's out of the super-stardom.
- Mantra: Slow and steady wins the race.