"I tell people at the market that you can pay us or you can pay a doctor. At the end of the day, it's cheaper to pay us. It's worth it."
HOME TOWN: Atlanta, GA in the historic West End neighborhood
FARM NAME & LOCATION: Patchwork City Farms in Atlanta, GA
FARM TYPE / CROPS: Certified naturally grown greens, root vegetables, fruits
- Music: I love Nina Simone. I love blues & jazz music.
- Food: That's a hard one! I just love food in general. I am a vegetarian, I love healthy food. I am Caribbean, but I can’t say I have a favorite. I love Caribbean food, African food, food with a lot of flavor and spices.
- Drinks: I drink herbal tea just about every morning. That’s my heritage. I love Sorrel, a Caribbean drink (not to be confused with the herb!). It's a hibiscus drink, brewed with ginger and sweetened with cane sugar. I am an avid tea drinker.
- Blue Jeans: I do wear them in the field, but I don’t have a favorite brand actually. I like them fitted, and really Levi works the best. Good all around (price, can get them anywhere, fit just any shape). Just a good cut. As long as they’ve got some stretch, I can work in whatever.
- Thing to do AFTER work: I love entertaining with friends, over cooking or going to eat a good meal. Still around food! Love to chill, hang out with friends, and I love live music and dancing! I’ll dance anywhere.
- Movie Stars: I don't have a TV. When I did, I was watching a lot of the worst reality TV that I didn't need to be. I work full time and then I do the farm and I've got kids, so I never have time to watch TV. I barely know what's in the movie theaters.
- Mantra: If you want something done, you just gotta do it yourself. That's kind of good, but sometimes bad because that means I don't always ask for help.