In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we wanted to remind all of you fearless women out there how essential it is to take time for yourselves and practice self-care. As leaders in your communities, businesses, and especially as matriarchs of your families, you surely know that you are looked up to by your peers, colleagues, employees, children, friends, and families.
Sometimes, however, we are so used to taking care of everyone else, we forget how essential it is to take care of ourselves. So I wanted to share some reminders on ways to lead a healthy lifestyle, as sometimes we just need a bit of a friendly nudge. Just remember to make sure you're doing your best to be healthy, which will in turn inspire those around you to be as healthy as they can be, too.
And, it's just a hunch, but I would assume that someone you know – or perhaps even you – has been touched by this unbiased disease. Sadly so many of us. Please know that we are all in this together - truly, and we all stand together to put an end to this once and for all. Stay strong, stay positive!
We want to give a shout to Peri & Sons Farms and offer you 5 tips on how to lower your risk of developing breast cancer.
1. Get Moving - You'll feel better and your health will be better! Plan for 30 minutes a day helps to regulate blood sugar and hormone levels. Take a walk, hike, whatever you like. Just be consistent!
2. Maintain a Healthy Weight - Excess weight can lead to excess estrogen and extra breast cell growth.Healthy comes in all shapes and sizes and is different for everyone. Yo-yo dieting can lead to more problems so getting your own body to a healthy weight and maintaining that weight for the long-term is best.
3. Eat a Plant Based Diet - Eat more healthy foods grown from the ground. Veggies are so good for you – green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, kale, etc., not to forget onions! Compounds in onions help increase blood circulation, lower blood pressure, and prevent blood clotting. Onions are cholesterol free, fat free, low in sodium, high in vitamin C, and a good source of fiber.
4. Decrease Your Red Meat Consumption - Red meats are high in saturated fat so reduce your weekly intake of red meat and add more fish, chicken and definitely vegetables.
5. Avoid Convenience Foods - Pizza, cookies, sodas, chips. We just need to stop and make better choices, as those choices have direct impact on your health and well-being. These types of convenience foods as well as highly processed foods contain extra additives, preservatives, chemicals, and sugar. Just say no!
Practice all 5 of these tips everyday to lead a more healthy lifestyle, and visit these two friends of ours who are dedicated to doing their part to help end this deadly disease.
Visit www.periandsons.com/giving_back/ - VOTE for your favorite charity devoted to Breast Cancer Research and Peri & Sons Farms will donate to the winning charity! Plus, Peri & Sons will send you one of their “Fight Like A Girl” magnets.
Plus be on the look-out for NatureSweet® pink packages in grocery stores near you and you'll help them contribute $100,000 dollars to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. (They'll donate this even without your purchase as they are so committed to this cause). These companies are not only providing healthy vegetables to help you lead a more healthy lifestyle, but they're putting profits into pink pockets. That's another great reason to love eating your veggies.