There is something ultra special about this delicious shrimp salad with a kick! Yes, it could be attributed to the spices, however, we feel it's because of the NatureSweet Cherubs! Just the right about of flavor pop to complement this simple yet vibrant, firecrackin' salad! Enjoy!
Check out this video for step-by-step instructions:
Ingredients for Spicy Shrimp (optional):
· 1.5 pound large shrimp; peeled and deveined.
· 1 tsp. paprika
· 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
· 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
· 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
· 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
· 1/4 tsp. coarse ground pepper
· 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
· 1/2 tbs. brown sugar
· 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil for pan
Directions for Shrimp:
1. Combine all the ingredients (except pan evoo) in a large zip lock bag, shake to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
3. Add Shrimp saute 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Set aside.
Ingredients for Firecracker Salad:
1 pkg torn leaf lettuce
1 cup NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes
8 oz thin yellow or green beans, trimmed
5 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from one medium-sized lime)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup sliced red onion
Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Directions for Salad:
1. Cook beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
2. Quickly drain and cool under cold water. Pat dry.
3. Whisk oil, lime juice, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
4. Stir in basil, beans, NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes and onions. Toss to coat.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Add lettuce and spicy shrimp. Toss to coat.