This recipe is just perfect for the holidays! It's full of warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg with a hint of sweetness from the delicious Fowler Farms Empire Apples. These apples are especially great for baking because they are extra crunchy and give this dessert a wonderful texture. We made this recipe even easier by using store-bought pizza dough and caramel sauce.
Ooey-gooey caramel sauce, warm spices, and sweet apples - could there be anything better?
Check out the video for step-by-step instructions:
- 1 lb. store-bought pizza dough
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 Fowler Farms Empire Apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 cup store-bought caramel sauce
- Cut the Fowler Farms Empire Apple into small bite size pieces.
- Cover your work space with flour and roll out the pizza dough.
- Pour melted butter over the dough and spread with a spatula.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Add the chopped apples and pecans, then drizzle with half of the caramel sauce.
- Roll the dough tightly and cut into 9-12 pieces, depending on how large you like your cinnamon rolls.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and add your cinnamon rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with remaining caramel sauce. VOILA!