We like to call these Cherub® tomatoes by NatureSweet® "salad's little angels". Cherubs® are bright, juicy, and sweet and make the perfect addition to any salad or recipe. Did you know that Cherubs® are the #1 selling small tomato in the world? That just goes to show you how awesome this little fruit by NatureSweet® really is. Try them out for yourself in this simple and delicious classic Caprese Salad recipe.
Check out this video for step-by-step instructions:
TIP: Serve immediately for a crisper tomato or allow to marinate for a more flavorful version.
- 1 package NatureSweet® Cherub® Tomatoes
- Mini Mozzarella Balls - as much as you like.
- 1 cup Chopped Basil
- 3 tbs White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine
- Cut half of the Cherub® tomatoes into halves.
- Cut half of the mini mozzarella balls into halves.
- Combine all cut tomatoes & mozzarella with the whole tomatoes and mozzarella into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped basil and the dressing to the Cherubs® and mozzarella then mix to combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve & enjoy!