We all have our go-to recipes during the holidays, and this recipe with NatureSweet® Constellation Tomatoes is definitely one of our new favorites! It's simple to create and full of color for a merry and bright holiday table. We love this recipe as an appetizer, but it makes a wonderful side dish as well! Make a few or make a ton, they're sure to disappear and satisfy your guests and family.
Check out the video for step-by-step instructions:
TIP: Make a large pie tart or use a cookie cutter to create mini-tarts in a muffin pan!
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pie crust, prepared according to one crust pie directions.
- 2 cups NatureSweet Constellation tomatoes; halved
- 2tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme; minced
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup salted butter; chilled
- 1 cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs