We love this new take on an old favorite! This recipe is made with watermelon for a sweet bite, onions for a bit of kick, and a fresh lemon dressing. But the real surprise are these creamy Gourmet Medley™ Potatoes from Klondike. Not only do they add a ton of color t this dish, but they add a lot of flavor and healthy nutrients, too!
Making potatoes a part of your regular diet is a great way to invest in your health. Potatoes deliver a ton of Vitamin B6 - this is important because B vitamins are responsible for converting food into energy. Potatoes are also a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and have more potassium than a banana! Be sure to leave the skin on your potatoes because 20% of the nutrients are in the potato skins.
Check out this video for step-by-step instructions:
- 4 cups cubed, de-seeded, Watermelon
- 2 cups quartered Klondike Gourmet™ Medley Potatoes - Cooked and cooled
- 1 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
For the Dressing:
- 1 small red onion - sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh chives - chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint - chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place prepared watermelon, cooked and quartered Klondike Potatoes, chopped basil, feta cheese, tomatoes and sliced red onion into a large bowl and set aside until ready to use
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and sugar
- Stir in the chives and mint
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly
- Chill, serve, and enjoy!