Helps control LDL cholesterol levels
May reduce risk of cancer
May reduce risk of stroke
May regulate heart rate
Serving size: 1 clove; Calories: 5; Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 1mg; Carbs: 1g; Fiber: .1g; Sugars: 0g; Protein: .2g; Potassium: 0%DV; Vitamin A: 0%DV; Vitamin C: 1%DV; Calcium: 0%DV; Iron: 0%DV
Did You Know?
- Garlic has been shown to prevent blood clots and destroy plaque, leading to healthier blood flow and reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis
- Studies have shown that garlic can help prevent the common cold. For those already suffering from a cold, consuming garlic can reduce the amount of time symptoms occur.
- Studies have also shown that garlic can inhibit the growth of bacteria which cause tuberculosis; garlic can also protect against intestinal parasites.
- Contains compound Allicin produced when garlic is crushed or minced.
Ways to Eat:
- Pureed in hummus
- In a sautee
- In soup
- Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops - it was fed to the builders of the Great Pyramid because it was believed to give them strength!
- Garlic can be grown year-round in warm climates.
- Around 90% of the garlic grown in the United States comes from California!