Aids in intestinal disorders
Lowers blood pressure
Serving size: 1 cup cut; Calories: 61; Fat: .2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 31mg; Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 1.4g; Sugars: 14g; Protein: .9g; Potassium: 11%DV Vitamin A: 1%DV; Vitamin C: 51%DV; Calcium: 1%DV; Iron: 1%DV
Did You Know?
- Honeydew contains a ton of water with helps keep you hydrated.
- Honeydew can be dried and kept like raisins.
- Honeydew is the American name for the white antibes, a variety of melon that was cultivated in southern France and Algeria centuries ago.
Ways to Eat:
- Blended in a smoothie or chilled soup
- Categorized as a "winter melon," honeydew can be planted in the fall and harvested in the late fall (October/November)
- Cavaillon, a town in Provence, France, considers itself the world capital of melons
- Honeydew can be grown all across the United States