Lowers blood pressure
Serving size: 1 cup cut; Calories: 157; Fat: 1.1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 3mg; Carbs: 38g; Fiber: 2.5g Sugars: 31g; Protein: 2.8g; Potassium: 21%DV; Vitamin A: 3%DV; Vitamin C: 37%DV; Calcium: 4%DV; Iron: 2%DV
Did You Know?
- Jackfruit is the largest tree-borne fruit in the world, reaching 80 pounds in weight and up to 36 inches long and 20 inches in diameter
- When fully ripe, the unopened jackfruit smells somewhat like decayed onions, while the pulp of the opened fruit smells of pineapple and banana.
- Jackfruit is very high in potassium.
Ways to Eat:
- Fry the fruit to make Jackfruit fries
- Fry the seeds
- Jackfruit is a tropical tree native to western India.
- When fully ripe, the unopened jackfruit has a strong sweet odor, and its ripe fleshy bulbs smell of sweet pineapple and banana
- Jackfruit trees are best planted when the temperatures are warm. In Florida, they are planted during the spring season