Aids in digestion
Increases Sex Hormones & Orgasm
May reduce risk of cancer
Serving size: 1/2 cup sliced; Calories: 9; Fat: .1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 23mg; Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 1.1g; Sugars: 1.1g; Protein: .4g; Potassium: 3%DV; Vitamin A: 0%DV; Vitamin C: 14%DV; Calcium: 1%DV; Iron: 1%DV
Did You Know?
- Radishes have anti-pruritic properties and can be used as an effective treatment for insect bites and bee stings. Radish juice also reduces pain and swelling and soothes the affected area.
- To improve storage length, cut off the leafy radish tops as they break down faster than the root.
Ways to Eat:
- Raw with butter and sea salt
- Radishes are a fast growing crop and grow from seed to eating plant in 25 days
- A great radish celebration called Noche de rabanos (Night of the radishes) is celebrated in the city of Oaxaca, Mexico, on December 23 every year