May reduce cholesterol
May reduce fever
May reduce risk of cancer
Serving size: 15g; Calories: 5; Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 16mg; Carbs: 0.4g; Fiber:0g; Sugars: 0.1g; Protein: 0.3g; Potassium: 276mg; Vitamin A: 4%DV; Vitamin C: 7%DV Calcium: 7%DV; Iron: 8%DV
Did You Know?
- Scallions help speed up blood circulation and absorbs multiple vitamins.
Ways to Eat:
- Chopped and used as toppings and garnish
- Scallions are available year-round but are at their peak during Spring and Summer.
- The plant is believed to have come from the east of Europe.
- Scallions are milder than most onions.