Fights bad breath
May reduce risk of cancer
Serving size: 1 medium; Calories: 28; Fat: .3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 2mg; Carbs: 6g; Fiber:3g; Sugars: 3.6g; Protein: 1g; Potassium: 3%DV; Vitamin A: 1%DV; Vitamin C: 52%DV; Calcium: 0%DV; Iron: 0%DV
Did You Know?
- Star fruits do not need to be peeled or seeded, they can be eaten whole!
- It can be used topically on poisonous bites and stings , and its fruit has been used to help fight eczema.
- Starfruit has been know to help with hangovers!
- Also called Carambola
- Rich in antioxidant phyto-nutrient polyphenolic flavonoids.
Ways to Eat:
- Raw (whole)
- Infused in water
- The flavor of this fruit is a combination of the taste of fruits such as the plum, pineapple, and lemon
- One of the most important benefits of star fruit is reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases. This is because of the fruit's high content of polyphenol antioxidants. These antioxidants are also known to help in the prevention of cancer