Aids in weight loss
Fights free radicals
Protects skin from UV rays
Serving size: 1 medium sized; Calories: 33; Fat: 0.6g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 16mg; Carbs: 6g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 4.9g; Protein: 2.4 g; Potassium: 14% DV; Vitamin A: 7%DV; Vitamin C: 058%DV; Calcium: 58%DV; Iron: 3%DV
Did You Know?
- One zucchini has just 25 calories (compared to a baked potato, for example, which has 130 calories)
- According to World’s Healthiest Foods Nutrition info, nutrients and vitamins found in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease
- The flower of the zucchini plant is also edible.
Ways to Eat:
- Zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- The world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash
- The three-day Annual Zucchini Fest in Obetz, Ohio, claims to be “everything zucchini.” The event includes a parade, queen’s pageant, contests, arts and crafts, games and much more
- Type of summer squash