Aids in weight loss
Serving size: 1 cup; Calories: 10; Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 10mg; Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 1g; Potassium: 2%DV; Vitamin A: 6%DV; Vitamin C: 6%DV; Calcium: 2%DV; Iron: 2%DV
Did You Know?
- Iceberg lettuce acquired its name from the method by which it was shipped. It was packed in ice for shipping and thus acquired the name Iceberg lettuce.
- Iceberg lettuce is packed with water which helps to keep you hydrated, making it a great lettuce choice in the summer.
Ways to Eat:
- As a salad
- As a wrap
- Chopped or shredded as a topping
- On a sandwich
- Iceberg lettuce was developed from the French Crisphead lettuce, Batavia, by W. Atlee Burpee & Co. in 1894
- Iceberg lettuce is the single most important commercial lettuce world wide
- It can be planted in the spring and harvested until the fall
Note: Always consult a physician for any specific health questions and concerns. Some of this information may be subject to change should there be any new findings from Federal Health Administration (FHA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), American Medical Association (AMA), American Cancer Society (ACS), and / or other leading food, nutrition and medical advisors.