Aids in digestion
Aids in weight loss
Fights free radicals
Helps with insomnia
Lowers blood pressure
May reduce cholesterol
May regulate blood sugar
Serving size: 1 cup shredded; Calories: 9; Fat: .1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 9mg; Carbs: 1.8g; Fiber:.4g; Sugars: .2g; Protein: .6g; Potassium: 3%DV; Vitamin A: 0%DV; Vitamin C: 5%DV; Calcium: 0%DV; Iron: 1%DV
Did You Know?
- Radicchio is a red leafy type of vegetable and it originates from Italy, so that is why it is also sometimes referred to as the Italian chicory.
- Radicchio is very efficient in toning the liver and purifying the blood, due to its potent antioxidant properties.
- Source of antioxidants zea-xanthin and lutein, protects the eyes
Ways to Eat:
- Radicchio was first grown commercially in California in 1981.
- Radicchio may be grown as a spring, summer or fall vegetable but the most common red leaf heading radicchio does best grown in cool temperatures