Here's a tips and ways to customize recipe:
- Protein: if you're not a fan of ham, then feel free to swap with another breakfast protein or leftovers that you have on-hand. Try this recipe with bacon or sausage to mix it up! We think this would also be great with pepperoni and mozzarella. Speaking of cheese...
- Cheese: Try it with any other shredded cheese that you have on-hand or that you like!
- Cook-Time: Just like ovens, all waffle irons cook at different temperatures. So you may need to test this recipe on your own waffle iron before perfecting it. We suggest starting at the lowest setting which will allow the waffle to cook internally while keeping a light golden brown crust.
- Mashed Potatoes: You can also use leftover mashed potatoes with this recipe if you don't have Minute Mashersâ„˘ â€“ but they do make this recipe so simple!
If you give this recipe a try, then please let us know and tag us and our friends at Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh Potatoes on social media!
- 1 Package Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potatoes or 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Prepare Minute Mashersâ„˘ according to package instructions.
- In a bowl combine mashed potatoes (slightly cooled), beaten eggs, cheddar cheese, chives, and ham. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to mashed potato mixture by folding together. Mix well.
- Set a waffle iron to the lowest setting and spray with cooking spray.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup scoop of mashed potato mixture to waffle iron and cook for 3-5 minutes. Be sure to close waffle iron all the way. Waffles should be golden brown in color.
- Top with extra cheese, chives, sour cream, hot sauce, bacon, and more of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
NICE ALTERNATIVE . . .đź¤“đź‘ŤđźŹ»
Love all of the recipes. I canâ€™t find these yet in my local stores. I keep looking.
[…] the full recipe for these Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potato Waffles here. Don’t forget to check out our other recipes using Minute Mashers, too: Chicken Piccata […]
WHAT A GREAT IDEA “MINUTE MASHER POTATO WAFFLES”
I love the recipe
i wish i could find these at krogers
â™ˇLove a kid-friendly dish, esp. when taters are involved. Am happy to eat breakfast for dinner too. Thx for sharing this idea.