Layered Smuccies™ Sweet Strawberry & Mango Dip Recipe
1.) CINNAMON PITA CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 400єF
- 3 medium sized pita breads*, split into half thickness, then cut into triangles
- Cooking spray oil of your choice
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- * For Gluten Free version, use Gluten Free Pita
2.) SMUCCIES™ & MANGO SALSA
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place pita pieces on a prepared baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking oil. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, flipping pitas over to bake evenly on both sides. Bake for another 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and place in the big bowl with cinnamon sugar.
- Lightly spray again with cooking oil and toss until evenly coated.
- 1 pint SMUCCIES™, washed and crowns removed
- 1 medium sized, ripe mango, peeled, seed removed
- 6 fresh Mucci Basil leaves
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
3.) LAYERED SMUCCIES™ & MANGO DIP
- Dice strawberries and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Dice mango and add to strawberries.
- Finely chop basil and mint leaves and mix gently with diced fruit.
- Add lime juice, cover and refrigerate.
- 1 g. block cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbs. liquid honey
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble dip.
- Into the bottom of a glass bowl, place 1/3 of the Smuccies™ & MANGO SALSA. Carefully, spoon 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture over salsa and spread evenly. Top with another 1/3 SMUCCIES & MANGO SALSA. Repeat with the remaining cream cheese mixture, and top with the remaining salsa.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with CINNAMON PITA CHIPS. Enjoy!