Constellation™ Tomato Tart with Spinach Recipe
For the topping:
For the filling:
- 1 packaged refrigerated pie crust, prepared according to directions
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup salted butter, chilled
- 1 cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Make refrigerated pie crust according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix halved tomatoes, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add ricotta, eggs, butter, mozzarella and spinach. Pulse until blended, 1-2 times. Add panko breadcrumbs, and pulse until completely blended.
- Spread ricotta mixture over tart shell to desired level, leaving room for tomatoes (about two cups).
- Top tart with tomato mix, and press down lightly.
- Bake on baking sheet in oven at 365° F for 25-35 minutes until bubbly and golden. Remove, and let tart cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes and up to 2 hours before serving. Makes one 9-inch tart.