Mini Cinnamon Bun Empire Apple Pies Recipe
- Apple Pie Filling:
- 6 cups Fowler Farms Empire Apples - peeled, cored, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can ready-to-bake cinnamon bun dough with icing
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Cut into small 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat saucepan to medium and add apples, and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix. Add to saucepan and mix to combine.
- Add hot water and cook until apples have softened, and mixture has thickened (about 15 minutes).
- While apples are cooking, heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray if needed. Set icing aside. With a sharp knife, slice cinnamon buns so they are half the original thickness.
- Roll out dough pieces and press into and up sides of muffin cups.
- Spoon generous amount of pie filling into each dough-lined cup.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown; cool in pan 5 minutes. Place rolls on serving plate; spoon icing over rolls. Serve warm and enjoy!