Mexican-Style Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Mexican-Style Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Farm Star Living
- 4 Boyette Brothers Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- Fresh Cilantro
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake sweet potatoes in a 450 degree oven until fork-tender.
- While sweet potatoes bake, create your toppings / fillings. Shred a rotisserie chicken and place into a bowl. To another bowl add black beans, corn, green chiles, cumin, lime juice. Mix to combine.
- Once sweet potatoes are fork-tender remove from the oven and store sweet potatoes and chicken / veggie mixture until ready for use. When you're ready to bake your sweet potatoes, unwrap from aluminum foil, slice and open, then slightly mash insides to create a well for the toppings.
- Spoon a good amount of the toppings into the sweet potatoes. Lightly re-wrap with foil and pop back into the oven until warm (about 15 minutes). Add toppings like sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, or this delicious Chili-Lime dressing that we made for a another sweet potato recipe. Serve warm and enjoy!