Blondie Brownies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Sunsweet® Pitted Prunes
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt onto a piece of waxed paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in the egg whites and vanilla. With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the prunes, walnuts and chocolate morsels.
- Spread the batter in the pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist-looking crumbs.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.