Grilled Pizza with Shaved Asparagus Recipe
- Your favorite pizza dough, naan bread, or flatbread
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Harvest Sensations Asparagus
- Fresh mozzarella – sliced thin or torn into small pieces
- Sun-dried tomatoes – chopped
- Red Onion
- Baby portobello mushrooms or crimini mushrooms – sauteed
- Fresh basil
- Rinse the asparagus and use the tough ends to hold the asparagus firmly in your hand. With a sharp peeler, peel long strips of asparagus and place them into a bowl. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place in the fridge until ready for use.
- While the asparagus marinates, thinly slice the red onion, saute mushrooms slices, and chop sun dried tomatoes.
- Brush pizza dough with olive oil. Add minced garlic, fresh mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, shallot, sauteed mushrooms.
- Heat grill to medium-high and grill with the lid closed until dough is golden brown and cheese is warm – about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the grill with a baking sheet or pizza pan. Top with shaved asparagus salad, sprinkle with fresh basil, and a squeeze of lemon. If you’re a fan of a little spice, we highly recommend adding a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Enjoy!