Roasted Bartlett Pear & Caramelized Onion Bruschetta Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 fresh ripe pears, diced
- 1 baguette, sliced thin
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- Fresh chopped rosemary to garnish
Rich in flavor, enjoy this simple appetizer and reap the benefits of a fruit rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in sautй pan on medium high heat. Add sliced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add sea salt, agave nectar and balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions for another 10 minutes until slightly caramelized. Add diced pears to onions and sautй on medium high for another 2-3 minutes until pears soften. Season with fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Arrange the baguette slices on baking sheet and place under broiler until lightly toasted; about 2 minutes. Spread a light coating of goat cheese on toasted baguette slices. Top baguette slices with pear and onion mixture and garnish with chopped rosemary to serve.