Braised Chicken with Onions & D'Noir Prunes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 2 cloves garlic; chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme; chopped
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken thighs on medium-high heat until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate!
- In the same hot skillet, add onion and garlic and sautй until soft.
- Whisk in chicken stock and cumin. Then, return chicken to pan and baste with sauce. Add prunes, lemon juice, honey, fresh thyme and balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and simmer on low 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and transfer to serving dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce and prunes over chicken and garnish with fresh herbs!