Starr Ranch® Red Anjou Pear & Walnut Galette Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 6 fresh Starr Ranch® Growers Red Anjou Pears, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg white
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pears and vanilla.
- Combine 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, arrowroot, cinnamon and ginger and sprinkle over pear mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Spoon pear mixture over pastry leaving 2 inches of the pastry edge. Add walnuts. Fold edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Beat egg white and brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until crust is golden and the filling is bubbly. Let cool.