Fresh Cherry Crumble with Goat Cheese & Honey Recipe
TIPS: Do not wear white when pitting cherries. Eat fresh cherries before bedtime as they are one of the few fruits that contain melatonin!
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, softened
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups pitted fresh Starr Ranch® Growers cherries, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Toast walnuts, sliced pecans and rolled oats each separately in dry sautй pan until fragrant and toasted.
- Combine toasted walnuts, pecans and oats in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of softened coconut butter, 1 tablespoon honey and a pinch of sea salt and pulse until mixture is become a fine crumble.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the crumble on the bottom of pie shaped serving dish or 6 individual ramekins.
- Arrange sliced cherries in dish and sprinkle with remaining crumble mixture. Top with crumbled goat cheese and drizzle with honey to finish.