Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 9 baked Klondike Red potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6-8 cups milk
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Once potatoes are baked, scoop out flesh into large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons green onions and most of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve topped with remaining green onions and cheese.