Baked Feta Potatoes Recipe
- 4 Green Giant™ Fresh Russet Potatoes (about 6 cups of cubed potatoes)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 0 oz block Greek Feta Cheese
- 2 pints (20 grams) Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic OR 3-4 crushed cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, add salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add block of feta to the middle of the baking dish and flip a couple of times to coat with olive oil. Add red pepper flakes, oregano, garlic, and more salt & pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until tomatoes burst and feta is heated through – it will be slightly golden.
- While the feta and tomatoes bake, scrub 4 Green Giant™ Fresh Russet Potatoes (or about 6 cups of cubed potatoes) and cube into 1 inch pieces with the skin on.
- Add a steaming basket to a medium pot with enough water to cover the bottom of the pot (at least 1 inch deep). Cover and steam potatoes over medium/high heat for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. TIP: make sure the potatoes are just fork-tender. You still want a slight ‘bite’ to the potatoes – similar to al dente pasta.
- Remove baked feta and tomatoes from the oven. Using a spatula or fork, break up the feta and stir well with tomatoes to create a sauce. TIP: add a 1/4 cup of the water from the pot of potatoes to thin the sauce.
- Add steamed potatoes to the casserole dish and mix well to fully coat potatoes in the tomato-feta sauce.
- Add fresh basil and toss again to combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with more salt, pepper, and fresh basil.