Melon 1 Watermelon Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup Blended or Juiced Melon 1 Watermelon
- 1 tsp Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, or Ghee
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp white Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- To a bowl add blended or juiced Melon 1 watermelon, mirin, soy sauce and mix to combine.
- Add Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil or Ghee) to a pot over medium heat. Add minced ginger and minced garlic, stir and fry for about 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic or ginger.
- While the ginger and garlic cooks, mix equal parts corn starch and warm water to create a slurry. TIP: this slurry is used to thicken sauces.
- Add the watermelon mixture to the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes, then add your cornstarch slurry. Continue to cook for another couple of minutes until your Watermelon Teriyaki Sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds.
- Add chicken to a plastic zip top bag or container with a tightly fitting lid and pour 3/4 of the Watermelon Teriyaki Sauce over the chicken. Shake to coat chicken and marinate in the fridge for 2-4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate the rest of the sauce and save for basting.
- Fire up the grill and cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Use leftover Watermelon Teriyaki Sauce to baste the chicken a few with a brush while grilling. Serve hot and with your favorites sides. Enjoy!