D'Noir™ Prune & Brie Bites Recipe
D’Noir Prune & Brie Bites:
- Pre-made mini Phyllo Cups
- 1 cup, Sunsweet® D’Noir Prunes, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 wheel Brie Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add chopped D’Noir prunes, red wine, thyme sprigs, and balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While dates simmer, add phyllo cups to a lined baking sheet.
- Slice wax from the top of Brie Cheese wheel. Add a teaspoon of Brie Cheese to the bottom of each phyllo cup.
- Remove dates from heat, discard thyme sprigs, and add chopped walnuts. Mix to combine.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of date mixture on top of the Brie cheese in each phyllo cup.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and cups are warm.
- Remove from the oven and top warm D’Noir Prune & Brie Bites with light dusting of salt and pepper. Option to top with maldon flaky salt rather than table salt. Lightly garnish with thyme leaves and serve warm.