Candied Lemons with White Chocolate and Pistachio Recipe
- 3 Limoneira Meyer Lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh Meyer lemon juice
- White Chocolate Melting Chips
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio – chopped
- Carefully slice Meyer Lemons into thin slices (about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick).
- Add sugar, water, and Meyer lemon juice to a large wide-bottomed pot over medium / high heat and mix until sugar is melted. Bring to a boil.
- Add lemons slices and lower heat. Simmer lemons for at least 30 minutes and carefully flip every 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Use tongs to add lemon slices to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for one hour in a 215F oven, flipping lemons half way through cooking. Remove from the oven and allow lemons to cool completely. NOTE: once cool, lemons should be slightly chewy and tacky rather than soft, soggy, or sticky – this all depends on the thickness of the lemon slices. If lemons are soft or sticky, return to the oven in 10 minute increments and allow to cool completely. Repeat as needed.
- Melt white chocolate chips according to package directions and dip one half of each lemon slice into the white chocolate. Place dipped lemons onto wax paper and sprinkle with pistachios while the chocolate is still warm. Enjoy!