Mashed Potato Bialys Recipe
- 1 package Buttery Roasted Garlic Minute Mashers™ (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato from a jar, strained and sliced
- Store-bought pesto – enough to cover each bialy dough
- Frozen or refrigerated pizza dough, cut into 8 even pieces
- If using frozen, thaw dough according to directions
- Salt & pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 475F.
- Prepare Minute Mashers™ according to directions and mash very well to create a creamy consistency.
- Cut pizza dough into eight even pieces and shape each piece of dough into a ball by stretching and pulling dough into the center. Place dough balls on a floured baking sheet and allow to rest for fifteen minutes.
- While dough rests, mix together the sun-dried tomatoes and Minute Mashers™ mashed potatoes.
- After fifteen minutes, squeeze the center of the dough balls then pull and stretch the dough to create a cavity in the center. Be careful not to create a hole in the center – see photos for examples. Once stretched, the bialy should be about 4 inches in diameter. Place on the floured baking sheet.
- Brush each bialy with pesto using a brush or back of a spoon. Fill each cavity with Minute Mashers mixture and press down to fill the cavity and flatten with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until bialy dough is fully cooked. Enjoy!