Endive, Avocado, and Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- 2 grapefruit
- 3/4 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 California endives
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- Peel and cut grapefruit over a bowl to catch any juices.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, sour cream, salt and 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- While whisking, add oil in a slow steady stream; whisk until emulsified.
- Julienne endive leaves in long, thin 1/8” strips.
- Cut avocado into 1/4” slices.
- Add grapefruit segments. Toss endive, avocado and grapefruit with dressing. Serves four.