Kale and Sausage Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 24 baby sweet peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large pan until hot. Add the onion and sausage and saute until cooked.
- While waiting for the sausage to cook, chop the kale. I suggest working in smaller manageable batches
- Now that the sausage is cooked and the kale is chopped, add the kale, garlic powder, oregano, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir until the kale is wilted, then take the pan off the heat to let the filling cool.
- While the filling cools, you can work on the peppers. Clean them well, cut off the tops and use a spoon to remove the seeds and ribs. This would also be the perfect opportunity to preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once your filling is cooled enough to not cook your eggs, add them and mix together.
- Stuff the mixture into each individual pepper. Using your hands works best.
- Now throw them into the oven for 15 minutes, and finish them under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the skin. ENJOY! THEY ARE DELICIOUS!