Strawberry and Basil Sangria Recipe
- 10 strawberries
- 8 NORTH SHORE LIVING HERBS® Basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 1 bottle red wine (light and fruity Pinot Noir recommended)
- sprite or other citrus flavored soda
- Place strawberries, NORTH SHORE LIVING HERBS® Basil leaves, and agave nectar in the bottom of small pitcher.
- Muddle lightly (strawberries don’t have to be completely crushed, just smashed enough to make mixture nice and juicy).
- Add rum, juice, & wine & stir gently. Use immediately or refrigerate up to 1 day.
- To serve, fill cup with ice. Pour in sangria, leaving about an inch at the top. Add splash of sprite & garnish.