Thai Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Durkee cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Durkee fine grind black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cup Sunsweet shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- Mix cornstarch, salt, Durkee Cayenne Pepper and Durkee Black Pepper in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium sized mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut.
- Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet (oil should be about 2 inches deep - add more oil if needed) or deep fat fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Add chicken to the hot oil in batches.
- Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.