These ears of GloriAnn corn are so sweet and delicious that anything you cook with them is going to be fantastic! If you ever thought an ear of corn is, well, just another ear of corn, you'll stand corrected! This is possibly the sweetest corn we've ever tasted, with a unique flavor all of its own!
Enjoy this delicious casserole - we sure did! And plan to again soon...
Check out this video for step-by-step instructions:
- 8 ears GloriAnn Super Sweet Corn - kernels removed
- 3 large jalepenos - diced
- 8 ounces pancetta - diced
- 7 ounces sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- 8 ounces Italian Four Cheese blend - shredded
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs with 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter (melted). Add half the Italian cheese and mix. Set aside.
- In a sautй pan, cook the diced pancetta and jalapeсo for approx. 8 to 10 minutes. Drain some of the excess fat, add the corn kernels and sautй for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining butter (1/4 cup). Add flour constantly stirring until it's brown. Add milk and bring to a boil; reduce heat.. While constantly stirring, add remaining cheese (both Italian and cheddar) and stir until completely melted.
- Combine this with the pancetta/jalapeсo/corn mixture. Add remaining panko bread crumbs (1/2 cup) and mix completely.
- Put this in a casserole pan and top with panko/cheese topping. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and enjoy!