Aids in digestion
Helps control LDL cholesterol levels
May reduce anxiety
May reduce cholesterol
May reduce nausea
Serving size: 1 medium potato with skin; Calories: 110; Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 0mg; Carbs: 26g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 3g; Potassium: 15%DV; Vitamin A: 0%DV; Vitamin C: 30%DV; Calcium: 2%DV; Iron: 6%DV
Did You Know?
- About 20% of potato nutrition is found in the skin; the majority is in the flesh.
- When selecting potatoes, look for spuds that are well-formed, smooth and firm. They shouldn’t have discoloration, cracks or soft spots.
Ways to Eat:
- The potato is the most universally grown crop in the world.
- Potatoes were the first food to be grown in space. In 1996, potato plants were taken into space with the space shuttle Columbia.
- The top potato producers are Idaho, Washington and Wisconsin.
Note: Always consult a physician for any specific health questions and concerns. Some of this information may be subject to change should there be any new findings from Federal Health Administration (FHA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), American Medical Association (AMA), American Cancer Society (ACS), and / or other leading food, nutrition and medical advisors.