Aids in digestion
Improves hair skin and nails
May reduce risk of cancer
Serving size: 1 medium; Calories: 34; Fat: .1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 82mg; Carbs: 8g; Fiber:2.2g; Sugars: 4.6g; Protein: 1.1g; Potassium: 6%DV; Vitamin A: 0%DV; Vitamin C: 42%DV; Calcium: 3%DV; Iron: 2%DV
Did You Know?
- Turnips are a versatile vegetable since you can eat both the root and the green.
- You should store in plastic bags in refrigerator crisper drawer.
Ways to Eat:
- Sauteed greens
- Turnips are descended from the wild turnip, which is native to Central Asia, the Mediterranean and the Near East. They were known to the Romans but were used as food long before the rise of their empire
- The greens can be steamed just as you would do spinach
- Belong to Brassicaceae family, includes cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts