So, you've probably noticed that we are cherishing these adorable CherubsÂ® tomatoes, and we want to tell you some of the reasons why!
First of all, they have a fabulous taste that makes them one of their more flavorful, sweet tomatoes that you'll find! Grown in perfectly controlled environments â€“ greenhouses! â€“ its parent NatureSweetÂ® has cared for them from seed until they've reached their sweetest perfection!
They're pollinated the good ole fashioned way - through bumble bees! Because of this, as well as the extra care and TLC they're been given while growing up, it's no wonder that these are 'tomatoes raised right!'
They're then hand-picked; and once approved as being the best that a tomato could be, packaged in its convenient resealable container and carefully shipped to your local grocery store. And, it's no wonder that CherubsÂ® have been known to be the most popular tomato at the grocery!
Not only are the CherubsÂ® a delicious variety, they're so good for you!
Consuming tomatoes helps lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and the risk of obesity. Let's just mull that over for a minute. Those are some serious health risks that they help lessen - that's pretty fantastic, dontcha think? Just another reason why eating farm-fresh is so good for your health!
Tomatoes also help with creating healthy skin and hair, increasing energy, lowering weight â€“ and do we need to go on??
To detail some of the benefits, check out the following:
- An excellent source of the strong antioxidant vitamin C and other antioxidants, tomatoes can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer.
- Maintaining a low sodium intake is essential to lowering blood pressure, however increasing potassium intake may be just as important.
- The fiber, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in tomatoes all support heart health.
- High potassium intakes are also associated with a reduced risk of stroke, protection against loss of muscle mass, preservation of bone mineral density and reduction in the formation of kidney stones.
- Collagen, the skins support system, is reliant on vitamin C as an essential nutrient that works in our bodies as an antioxidant to help prevent damage caused by the sun, pollution and smoke, smooth wrinkles and improve overall skin texture.
- Eating foods that are high in water content and fiber like tomatoes can help to keep you hydrated and your bowel movements regular.
- Tomatoes contain adequate folic acid intake, which is essential for pregnant women to protect against neural tube defects in infants. The folic acid also may also help with depression.