PlumsDelicious and juicy plums are sweet and tart and just the perfect treat to satisfy a sweet tooth. But although they taste delicious, they are also really good for you!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Plums rank among the top 10 fresh fruits with the most antioxidant potential.
- Plums and prunes are known for their laxative effect.
- Plums can be as large as a baseball or a small as a cherry.
- A plum tree usually grows 10 to 20 feet in height and develops the crown of the same dimensions.
Sunsweet® Growers Inc. is the world's largest handler of dried fruits – including prunes, apricots, mangoes, and more. They’re a grower-owned cooperative representing more than one-third of the prune market worldwide and process nearly 70,000 tons of prunes a year!
Their Yuba City, California headquarters is also home to the world's largest dried fruit processing plant, with the highest product quality standards anywhere!
Each day, an average of 40,000 cases of Sunsweet® products are sealed and marked for worldwide distribution. Seems like everyone loves prunes, and we do, too!
Plum Health Benefits:Plums are a low-calorie powerfood that won’t spike your blood sugar levels! Here are just a few of their health benefits!
- Great for relieving constipation and digestive problems
- Protects your heart
- Protect against cancer and cell damage
- Prevent diabetes
- Improves bone health
- Low in calories
- Plums destroy breast cancer cells
- Improves brain memory