We love strawberries! Cultivated throughout the world, these delicious, red fruits supply us with essential nutrients to keep us healthy and in tip-top shape! You can find them in jams, jellies, salads, pies, or you can just eat them raw - they’re one of the most versatile fruits around and can be prepared in so many different ways.
- Antioxidants- Strawberries are jam-packed with antioxidant-assisting vitamin C! They’re also a great source of dietary fiber, potassium, and vitamin B6! Containing these beneficial nutrients, they provide defense to keep your body’s free radicals under control.
Strawberries are jam-packed with antioxidant-assisting vitamin C! They’re also a great source of dietary fiber, potassium, and vitamin B6!
Here are some other fantastic health benefits that strawberries offer:
- Anti-aging- vitamin C-rich foods can prevent wrinkles and age-linked skin dryness, suggesting that strawberries can play a beneficial role in reducing the effects of aging.
- Anti-inflammatory- with their excellent combination of phytonutrients, strawberries are exceptional at lowering indications of inflammation, when consumed several times throughout the week.
- Diabetes- Strawberries contain proteins that can help keep cholesterol lower, thus, reducing the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as diabetes.
- Eye health- Being rich in vitamin C, strawberries may help prevent cataracts, which can lead to blindness as one ages. In addition, vitamin C also helps strengthen the eye’s cornea and retina!
Strawberries may reduce risk of bladder cancer, diabetes, and osteoarthritis!
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
- They are the only fruit that wear their seeds on the outside.
- They’ve been grown in California since the early 1900s.
- Wild strawberries grow on every continent, excluding Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
Did you know…
- On average, there are about 200 seeds on each strawberry.
- While they’re not sold at retail by variety, they do come in several different types.
- The most popular types of strawberries are Selva, Pojaro, and Parkers.
- Strawberries can be pickled, especially when picked green or unripe.
All in all, strawberries are pretty fabulous fruits! Offering up a number of health benefits and advantages, they have established themselves and have been proven to be fairly versatile and rewarding. So, go on ahead and indulge in some strawberries!