You can check out our video on this process here!
NatureSweet® SunBursts™ Margarita
Coarse or flaked sea salt
- 3-4 NatureSweet® SunBursts™ Tomatoes
- 3 tbs. silver tequila
- 1 tbs. orange liqueur
- 1 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs. simple syrup or agave
- Rim a small juice glass with coarse sea salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine SunBursts™ tomatoes and a pinch of salt; muddle tomatoes until broken up and juiced.
- Add tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, simple syrup and ice; shake until chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Double strain into an ice filled glass. Garnish with SunBursts™ tomatoes on a skewer.
Simple Syrup: 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup water
- In a small sauce pan, combine sugar and water.
- Bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cool; cover and chill at least 1 hour before use.
- Makes 1/3 cup.
And what is better than chips and a unique, delicious guacamole to go with your special margarita? So, here it is – a special guacamole to serve to your VIP guests!
- 1 tbs. peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeсo, seeded if desired, chopped 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup NatureSweet® SunBursts™ Tomatoes; quartered
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and smashed
- 2 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup NatureSweet® SunBursts™ Tomatoes; quartered for garnish Tortillas chips
- Place the ginger, jalapeсo and garlic on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, chop the ingredients together until they are minced and well combined. Sprinkle the mixture with 1/4 tsp. salt. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro, onions, SunBursts tomatoes and avocados. Toss gently to combine.
- Add the lime juice and 3/4 tsp. salt and toss again.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with the 1/2 cup quartered SunBursts tomatoes and cilantro sprig. Serve with tortilla chips.
But if you're looking for a main dish, try a spin on chicken tonight with this new rendition of the balsamic glaze, which has always been one of my favorites. It really brings out the flavors in a new, delicious way! Even the kids will love it! Bon appetite!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package NatureSweet® Glorys™ Tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, packed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes per side until browned and 170°F internal temperature. (Chicken will feel springy-firm to the touch and juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife).
- Transfer chicken to serving plates and cover lightly to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute or just until warmed through.
- Add balsamic vinegar and basil and cook additional 30 seconds. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
- Tip: If chicken breasts are very thick, press to about 3/4-inch thickness using palm of hand or a meat mallet. Chicken will cook more evenly and thoroughly without over-browning.
What is a summer without fireworks? It's not a summer at all! However, great salads are also a part of summer, and NatureSweet® has created this festive recipe that combines both! Well, you get what I mean!
- 1 pkg Fresh Express® Fancy Greens
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes
- 8 oz thin yellow or green beans, trimmed
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from one medium-sized lime)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
- Quickly drain and cool under cold water.
- Pat dry.
- Whisk oil, lime juice, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in basil, beans, NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes and onions and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add Fresh Express® Fancy Greens and toss to coat.