It’s no secret that cooking with fresh ingredients is not only healthier, but often times supports the local economy due to the localization of produce. The Farm-to-Table movement was born from the demand to support the “little guys” doing things right to deliver the freshest ingredients to our kitchens. North Shore Living Herbs® provides culinary herbs so fresh that they are still alive! From cocktails to desserts and everything in between, aromatic fresh herbs are undeniably the shining star this year. We're so excited showcase this oh-so-delicious movement!
As we all aspire to eat more fresh, healthy foods as part of a holistic lifestyle; fresh herbs are creative way to make any meal pop. Free from fat, salt, sugar, hydrogenated oils or anything processed, fresh herbs simply are a healthy way to make any dish better. In addition, fresh herbs are a nutrient dense food. Whether they are a simple garnish or if they're incorporated into the dish, each of the herbs pack a delicious and nutritious punch that will make all of your senses tingle and dance. With so many herbs to choose from, North Shore has selected Basil, Rosemary, Mint, Sage, and Thyme as their top 5 herbs. Each herb has it's own individual characteristics that your senses notice every time.
- Basil is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristics, basil is surely king of the herbs!
- Mint is not just great for fresh breath, contains vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E and has been rumored to aid in digestion, nausea, headaches, and respiratory problems.
- Rosemary contains dietary fiber, iron and calcium and may increase circulation and improve digestion.
- Sage is comprised of both antiseptic and antioxidant properties and has been known to be used to aid anxiety and fatigue.
- Thyme is packed with dietary fiber, vitamin B-6, vitamin A, iron, calcium, magnesium and manganese.
Immerse in the present moment and intensify all your senses with North Shore Living Herbs®. Smell the depth of incredible aromas filling up the room. Then, while cooking, perceive the bubbling sounds on the stove top. Observe the vibrant pop of green colors sneak up on your plate. Finally, jump right in and taste your mouth-watering creation while feeling the warmth and delicious flavors! More flavor, fresher, longer because North Shore Living Herbs® are still alive on shelf.
No matter what you do first, your five senses will be aroused and awakened with North Shore Living Herbs®.