Rosemary and chicken go together like ārama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong.ā Add Green Giantā¢ Fresh Klondike RoseĀ® Potatoes to the mix and weāve got āChang chang changitty chang sha-bop.ā Grease references aside, weāre excited to share this minimally involved, toss-and-cook meal that spotlights one of our favorite potato varieties.
The Klondike RoseĀ® is a lofty variety marked by its beautiful rose, pinkish skin and deep yellow interior. Its buttery texture makes for an unbelievable savory flavor, perfect for a variety of potato-friendly dishes. Try one baked, grilled, mashed, or added to your favorite crock-pot meal or stew.
Potatoes already boast sizable health benefits such as aiding in digestion, combating fatigue, and helping control LDL cholesterol levels. A potatoās skin not only adds fiber and nutrients, but can help the flesh of the potato retain its nutrients. The Roseās antioxidant-rich red skin ranges in color depending on the type of soil the potato was grown in.
Learn more about the potatoās key benefits, click on our A-Z Food Guide.
- 4-6 Klondike RoseĀ® potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, bone in
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 rosemary sprigs crushed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the crock-pot with rosemary, chicken, potatoes, onions, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- With 1 hour remaining add green beans and cover.