An apple a day...we all have heard the old saying. While we can't say that apples are all-healing fruits, we can say that apples should be a part of your personal menu every day! They're chock-full of health benefits, a tasty addition to your plate, and they're grown with the greatest attention and care by Starr Ranch® Growers.
We love the JUICI™ apple, and this month you're in luck because we have a fabulous, easy new recipe that you'll love! Perfect way to start your day, but we'll get into that later! First, we want you to understand why this is the apple that you'll love to bite, slice and serve:
- JUICI™ apples are the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- JUICI™ apples have a thin-skin so there's really no need to peel this apple! Even the kids will eat it. ;)
- JUICI™ apples have an incredible crunch so they're perfect for eating fresh as a snack.
- JUICI™ apples incorporate well into many different recipes because of their balanced flavor.
- JUICI™ apples have a long shelf-life and holds up well in fruit bowls, salads, and charcuterie boards.
Plus, apples account for 14% of the daily recommended value of Vitamin C! And thanks to their high levels of boron, apples can help improve your memory, mental alertness, and electrical activity of the brain. Additional health benefits of apples may include:
- Aids in digestion
- Aids in weight loss
- Fights asthma
- Fights free radicals
- Helps control LDL cholesterol levels
- Inhibits cancer cell growth
- May reduce cholesterol
- May reduce risk of Alzheimer
Don't forget to put this in your kids' hands instead of allowing the kids to snack on sugar-filled processed foods. Rather than granola bars, slice up some JUICI™ apples and serve with peanut butter! Or serve sliced JUICI™ apples with a vanilla or plain yogurt dip. Apples are by far the healthier option to choose for a snack, and they're also great for a healthy breakfast.
Try our new one-pot JUICI™ Apple Pie Oatmeal for a delicious way to start your day!