It’s potato time! Potato lovers should be delighted to know that potatoes have nutritional components that go far beyond sugar, carbohydrates and calories, they are also a tremendous beneficial addition to any dietary plan.
POTATOES: SO MANY GREAT CHOICES!
Potatoes are one of the most common and important food sources on the planet, and they contain a wealth of health benefits that make them all the more beneficial as a primary dietary item for much of the world’s population.
Amazing Health Benefits from Eating Potatoes!
- Potassium- Potatoes provide a large amount of potassium! Potatoes rank highest for potassium among the top 20 most frequently consumed raw vegetables and the top 20 most frequently consumed raw fruits. Research suggests that diets involving potassium reduce the risk of things like hypertension, blood pressure and heart disease.
- Digestion- Potatoes predominantly contain carbohydrates; they are easy to digest and facilitate digestion. This makes them a good diet for babies or for those who cannot digest hard food, but need energy
- Inflammation- Potatoes are very effective in reducing inflammation, both internal and external. Since it is soft, easily digested and has a lot of vitamin-C (an antioxidant that repairs tissue wear and tear), potassium and vitamin-B6, it can relieve any inflammation of the intestines and the digestive system.
- Skin Care- Vitamin-C as well as minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc are good for the skin. Also the pulp obtained from crushed raw potatoes, mixed with honey, can work well in skin and face mixtures
- High Blood Pressure- Potatoes can be used to relieve high blood pressure due to tension. They can also treat indigestion due to abundance of vitamin-C and fiber, but they should be avoided if the high blood pressure is a result of diabetes.